Knoxville, TN | Network Administrator| Full time
We are actively recruiting an Network Administrator for our client in Knoxville, TN. This position is a direct hire that will be working a hybrid set up of 2 days onsite in Knoxville, TN and 3 days remote. Due to client request, qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the network and Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, etc...)
- Assist in establishing network specifications by conferring with internal and external customers; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols
- Maintain firewalls and security appliances for vital business applications.
- Recommend network efficiencies by evaluating network performance including availability, utilization, throughput and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; establishing connections and firewalls
- Maintain network by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintain documentation.
- Manage assigned projects to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
- Work with other IT departments to setup and/or maintain corporate services
- Assist with Disaster Recovery implementation and testing.
- Work with outside vendors as needed.
- Work with Internal and External auditors to define policy/procedures and provide evidence of compliance.
- CISCO network hardware, including routers, switches, and firewalls. Knowledge of Dell networking hardware a plus.
- Supporting and maintaining WAN, MPLS, BGP, and WLAN/LAN
- Microsoft Azure network components such as vNets, gateways, and Azure ExpressRoute
- Enterprise class network with skills to troubleshoot network elements, protocols, services, and transport layer issues
- Communicating technical concepts to non-technical customers
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using industry best practices and procedures
- Fast-paced environment
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science related field
- 4 years of experience
- CCNA or CCENT Certifications are a plus
“Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled”