Knoxville, TN | IT Telecommunications Administrator| Full time
We are actively recruiting an IT Telecommunications Administrator for our client in Knoxville, TN. This position is a direct hire that will be working a hybrid set up of 2 days onsite in Knoxville, TN and 3 days remote. Due to client request, qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Exhibit a broad base of knowledge and skills in telecommunications technology
- Maintain all telecommunications systems and services
- Provide primary support for all telecommunications equipment, including soft and hard phones, telephony routers and switches, voicemail, IVR, dialer, PBX, Omnichannel products (chat, text, email, etc..) and 3rd party supporting applications.
- Create and maintain documentation on hardware, software, configuration details and procedures.
- Monitor telephony system and services for growth and usage trends. Perform long-term capacity planning in conjunction with other team members that would determine both hardware and software purchases.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity, performance and availability of all systems and services, reviewing device and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as system backups.
- Recommend, install, test, and manage existing and new devices and software.
- Provide technical assistance related to daily and assigned use; Assist customers and desktop support staff in identifying source of, and correcting errors.
- Diagnose system hardware, software, and operator problems; recommend or perform remedial action.
- Perform, oversee, monitor, and ensure telephone system security including regular backups, recovery, verification of security rights, access list verification and other steps necessary to ensure integrity.
- Collaborate with Security team and other IT staff as necessary to implement, update and test ongoing security improvements including regular and timely system patches, security patches and other application updates as necessary to all network infrastructures.
- Collaborate with other staff to create, test, and keep up to date disaster recovery procedures for all services deemed necessary.
- Recommend, test, and manage telephone system environments in cloud-based environments.
- Assist IT Management in project definition, requirements documentation, and technical writing to support information systems business growth.
- Monitor and enforce license agreements using appropriate tools relative to hardware and software resources.
- Monitor and create regular management reports that track usage, performance, capacity, growth trends, etc., as it relates to the company hardware/software.
- Collaborate with Systems staff to, install, configure, and generally ensure the tight integration of services network links, hardware, and peripheral components into the company network.
- Keep current with new software and hardware technologies being deployed at the company.
- Train selected staff for coverage during absentee periods. (i.e., vacation, seminars)
- Deal regularly with outside computer vendors; perform a variety of liaison functions between company users and outside customers, consultants, and vendors.
- Broad base of knowledge and skills in infrastructure, telecommunications technology, and operating systems.
- PBX (Cisco Call Manager and Microsoft Teams)
- Call flow analysis
- Dialer: Preview & Predictive
- Strong analytical and problem?solving skills.
- Good planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with a wide variety of company personnel, including senior management, as well as outside vendors and consultants.
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science related field
- 2 years of experience
“Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled”