Knoxville, TN | Helpdesk Specialist 2| Full time
We are actively recruiting a Help Desk Specialist 2 for our client in Knoxville, TN. This position is a contract. Due to client request, qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements as they pertain to changes in business requirements, processes and information systems
- Influences the architecture, design and implementation of IT to ensure the availability, confidentiality and integrity of data
- Conducts technical implementation, configuration, monitoring, audit, administration and support
- Analyzes end user work processes and requirements to determine requirements
- Participates in client/user meetings and assists in presenting issues and solutions both orally and in writing
- Performs specific tasks while utilizing prescribed information systems methods
- Assists with executing and customizing project technical automation plan and testing the data integration of new releases
- Coordinates, supports and evaluates the implementation of new automation modules and tools
- Assists with database software and tools installations, upgrades, migrations and monitoring
- Assists with management of database space management, application, refreshes, backup and recovery
- Codes and debugs software applications in accordance with the Software Development Methodology Framework, Enterprise and Application Architecture, and the Software Development Standards
- Analyzes, maintains and implements (including performance maintenance and timing) existing software applications and develops programming specifications from business requirements
- Creates design specification, test plans and automated test scripts for individual work scope
- Assists in developing test procedures and plans for project developed software applications and creates and records test scripts for use with automated software testing tools
- Performs manual and automated testing of software functionality and performance, maintains testing defect tracking work process and implements source code controls
- Assists in the performance of audits to assure compliance to software quality assurance/quality control procedures and documentation requirements; helps provide an understanding of the Software Development Methodology Framework
- Troubleshoot issues as directed by the IT Infrastructure Manager or Helpdesk lead.
- Provide enhanced support to senior managers to ensure their level of service is effective.
- Administer services in the execution of special initiatives or campaigns desired by IT
- Furnish assistance answering Helpline requests for help or service for laptops, desktops,
- software, printers, software computer accounts and passwords.
- Supports the deployment of IT equipment to the field, and gives day-to-day technical
- support to clients.
- Contribute guidance in the checkout process for personnel leaving the project or company.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or have equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of experience
- Ability to obtain a US Security Clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
“Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled”