Knoxville, TN | Applications Systems Analyst | Full time
We are actively recruiting a Applications Systems Analyst for our client in Knoxville, TN. This position is a remote long-term contract. Due to client request, qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ensure that support requests are handled in a timely manner commensurate with the urgency of the ticket; both in your own work and by other staff.
- When appropriate, teach users how to most effectively use the applications the group supports.
- Troubleshootot and resolve application(s) issues or escalate to the appropriate group
- Help identify root cause for software bugs by identifying abnormalities in data and/or application logs.
- Build solid relationships with the business teams to understand new feature requests and to determine a solution to their underlying problem or need.
- Work with our Data Services group to make corrections to data, when that data is not changeable through the application.
- Prepare metrics that characterize how the software support and maintenance activities of the group are operating.
- Functional knowledge of the application(s) supported and interdependencies
- Development experience with Java framework
- AWS infrastructure/framework/cloud applications
- Experience with building complex applications using Web Services architecture
- Experience with building/troubleshooting REST services
- Experience with continuous deployment tools and automation
- Understanding of underlying architectural principals and possible break points in complex and distributed business workflows that are crossing multiple applications/services
- Experience with Monitoring tools and data analysis
- SQL skills
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years of Systems Administration experience
“Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled”