Knoxville, TN | Network Engineer | Full time
We are actively recruiting an Network Engineer for our client in Knoxville, TN. This position is a direct hire. Due to client request, qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Exhibit a broad base of knowledge and skills in network technology
- Maintain the network topology, including LAN, WAN and Wireless networks
- Provide primary support for all network equipment, including switches, routers, firewalls, WLAN controllers, and access points.
- Create and maintain documentation on hardware, software, configuration details and procedures.
- Monitor network equipment for growth and usage trends. Perform long-term capacity planning in conjunction with other team members that would determine both hardware and software purchases.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity, performance and availability of all hardware, wired and wireless connections, reviewing device and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as configuration backups.
- Recommend, install, test, and manage existing and new network devices and software including such systems as Orion SolarWinds, RADIUS, among others in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Provide technical assistance related to daily and assigned use; Assist users and desktop support staff in identifying source of, and correcting errors.
- Diagnose system hardware, software, and operator problems; recommend or perform remedial action.
- Perform, oversee, monitor and ensure network security including; regular configuration backups, recovery, verification of security rights, port security, access list verification and other steps necessary to ensure integrity.
- Collaborate with Security team and other IT staff as necessary to implement, update and test ongoing security improvements including regular and timely system patches, security patches and other application updates as necessary to all network infrastructure.
- Collaborate with other staff to create, test, and keep up to date disaster recovery procedures for all services deemed necessary.
- Recommend, test and manage network environments in cloud-based environments
- Assist the IT Manager in project definition, requirements documentation, and technical writing to support information systems business growth.
- Monitor and enforce license agreements using appropriate tools relative to hardware and software resources.
- Monitor and create regular management reports that track usage, performance, capacity, growth trends, etc., as it relates to the company hardware/software.
- Collaborate with Systems staff to, install, configure, and generally ensure the tight integration of web services network links, hardware and peripheral components into the company LAN.
- Keep current with new software and hardware technologies being deployed at the company.
- Deal regularly with outside computer vendors; perform a variety of liaison functions between company users and outside customers, consultants and vendors.
- Cisco Routing and Switching
- Cisco Firewall
- Access List management
- VPN configuration and management
- Network protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Associate degree in related technical discipline
- 4 years’ experience
- CCNA Certification (a plus)