Knoxville, TN | Systems/Network Engineer | Full time
We are actively recruiting a Systems/Network Engineer for our client in Knoxville, TN. This position is a direct hire. Due to client request, qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Support implementation of new systems and applications including planning, executing network technical tasks, testing, issue resolution, assessment of system environment readiness, and go-live support.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network system servers and devices
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Microsoft Server 2012/2016
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Active Directory
- Network security
- LAN and WAN
- Cisco VOIP
- Cisco CUCM
- Infrastructure devices firewall, routers, switches and etc.
- OSI network layers
- Automation software such as Puppet or Chef
- Scripting with Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python
- Cloud Experience
- Great communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science related field
- 3-6 years years of experience