Knoxville, TN | Sr. IT Procurement Specialist | Full time
We are actively recruiting a Sr. IT Procurement Specialist for our client in Knoxville, TN. This Specialist will be be responsible for technology and service acquisitions within our client's technology group and work with a variety of groups to understand the procurement requirements and negotiation strategies for various projects. This specialist will get the opportunity to manage sourcing processes from beginning to end and act as a “product consultant” to provide solutions for new products and services to meet business needs. This position is a direct hire opportunity with an excellent pay rate. Due to client request, qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Establishing and managing relationships with internal customers/stakeholders.
- Supporting IT initiatives by understanding all processes and stakeholders within the IT group.
- Managing the RFI/RFP process that includes organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results
- Initiating, reviewing and negotiating contracts (NDAs/MSAs/EULAs) and consult with sourcing manager and/or legal as needed.
- Managing daily IT hardware/software request and issue POs as needed.
- Obtaining quotes, comparing and negotiating pricing.
- Will work with the enterprise to understand the procurement requirements and negotiation strategies for assigned projects as well as collaborate with project teams to align project costs.
- Managing POs:
- Review for coding, pricing and information accuracy.
- Follow each order to ensure all items are received.
- Inform customers of PO issuance and any other details regarding orders.
- Participating in savings tracking, supplier development, and service improvements.
- Build relationships with key vendors and follow required sourcing policies and procedures.
- Analyze SOWs and appropriate content to advise business unit representatives and technology representatives as to the validity and appropriate content.
- Assist in developing statements of work (SOW).
- IT Procurement (a must have)
- Working and negotiating with IT vendors, IT business leaders and stakeholders
- RFP/RFI process
- Enterprise level organization
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills: be able to understand and communicate complex topics with simplicity across organizational boundaries and up/down the management chain
- Working with business units as a” product consultant” to help determine new and/or better products/services to meet their requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent – preferably in technology or a business-related field