Knoxville, TN | Software Engineer | Full time
We are actively recruiting a Software Engineer for our client in Knoxville, TN. This position is direct hire. Due to client request, qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Work in a highly collaborative and multi-tasking, continually learning, agile, DevOps team
- Produce high quality work, and always demonstrate a high work ethic
- Communicate effectively and clearly; fail fast & learn from mistakes
- Write web services and APIs while maintaining quality and an appropriate level of test coverage; RESTful and asynchronous messages; Gradle, Spring Boot, and Java
- Help out as needed in a cross functional and limited polyglot manner; at times: learn and help with the UI, help the data science team, contribute to designs and architecture
- Help with operations type activities such as system configuration management, infrastructure setup, and automated builds; Kubernetes & Containers; Security
- Participate in peer reviews of code, designs, and tests
- Write & verify documentation; API, Wiki, Dev docs, release notes, etc
- Help identify risks and propose solutions
- Spring Boot
- RESTful and asynchronous services
- Intergration testing
- AWS or Microsoft Azure
- PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Caches and/or No-SQL Data Stores.
- Kubernetes and Containers.
- Apache Kafka.
- Event Sourcing and Domain-Driven Design.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2 + years experience