Knoxville, TN | Support Engineer | Full time
We are actively recruiting a Support Engineer for our client in Knoxville, TN. This position is direct hire. Due to client request, qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Produce high quality work, and always demonstrate a high work ethic.
- Communicate effectively and clearly; fail fast & learn from mistakes.
- Write web services and APIs while maintaining quality and an appropriate level of test coverage; RESTful and asynchronous messages; Gradle, Spring Boot, and Java.
- Help out as needed in a cross functional and limited polyglot manner; at times: learn and help with the UI, help the data science team, contribute to designs and architecture.
- Help with operations type activities such as system configuration management, infrastructure setup, and automated builds; Kubernetes & Containers; Security.
- Participate in peer reviews of code, designs, and tests.
- Write & verify documentation; API, Wiki, Dev docs, release notes, etc.
- Help identify risks and propose solutions.
- Pull requests
- Program API calls
- Fast-paced environment
- 3 years’ experience
- Bachelor's degree