Knoxville, TN | Network Engineer | Full-Time
We are actively recruiting a Network Engineer for our client in the Knoxville, TN area. This is a great opportunity and is interviewing quickly. This is a contract to hire. Due to client's request, qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship and be able to obtain a clearance.
- The primary responsibility for this position is network design, configuration and troubleshooting
- Responsible for the daily secure operations of the network enclaves.
- Providing coordination, notification, escalation and documentation to resolve events/issues, efficiently minimizing customer impact.
- Interfacing with and providing outage reports to various levels of management.
- Assisting with other tasks as needed or as assigned by management.
- Ensure systems are configured and maintained per cyber security common control requirements so that accreditation is retained.
- Create and maintain infrastructure documentation as it relates to infrastructure systems design, configuration, support, and processes.
- Identify, create, communicate, and implement process engineering for technologies to create end-to-end service offerings.
- Conduct research, cost-benefit and return-on-investment analysis on proposed hardware, software and systems to justify recommendations, support purchasing efforts and aid management in making infrastructure design and architecture decisions.
- Manage capacity and performance of the WAN/LAN network platforms, ensuring the integrity of the infrastructure.
- Proactively monitor, test, collect and analyze system performance statistical data to improve quality of the network environment.
- Diagnose and resolve complex configuration and troubleshooting issues within a multi-vendor infrastructure.
- Adhere to a customer serviced focused culture
- Cisco IOS
- Juniper JUNOS
- Routers and multilayer switches (Catalyst, Nexus, MX, EX and SRX)
- Cisco, Palo Alto and Juniper firewalls
- Vulunerability scanning
- Routing protocols (OSPF and BGP)
- Microsoft Visio
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 5 years relevant experience
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Ability to obtain a clearance