Knoxville, TN | Sr. SQL DBA| Full-Time
We are actively recruiting a Sr. SQL DBA for our client in Knoxville, TN. This DBA will be maintaining the health and posture of our client's production databases.This is a great opportunity and is interviewing quickly. This opportunity is a direct hire. Due to client's request, qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Engineer, support and lead implementations of a growing SQL Server infrastructure
- Maintain multiple instances of SQL Server High-Availability.
- Install and maintain Windows Failover Clustering for SQL Server.
- Troubleshooting SQL server performance from multiple application teams.
- Review database deployment scripts.
- Database monitoring and troubleshooting
- Implement new technology, plug-ins and APIs
- Maintain and operate SQL Server development and production environments
- Provide end-to-end technical support and problem resolution
- Respond to business requests in a professional manner with high sense of urgency
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Install and maintain SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Maintain proper database backups are taken and perform random restore checks
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008+
- Database Design practices
- Transact-SQL and PowerShell scripting
- Microsoft Failover Cluster Technologies
- Microsoft SQL Server High-Availability Groups
- Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience working in a high transaction environment with high availability requirements
- Knowledge of Business Objects would be an advantage
- Cloud based database technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years hands-on MS SQL Server Administration experience
- Experience in healthcare or other industries with significant regulatory compliance requirements is a plus