Collects information needed for processing information from users, using collected information, creates and/or modifies computer programs by converting project requirements into code.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Acts in a high level technical role as an individual contributor and/or team lead for the most complex computer applications and /or application initiatives.
- Utilizes a thorough understanding of available technology, tools, and existing designs.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal professional networks; participating in professional societies.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible and/or tangible variance factors.
- Analyze, design, develop, code and test program creations/changes as well as systems integration and testing
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating documentation
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Acts as a technical resource to programming staff in the program development, testing and implementation process.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline from a four-year college or university preferred
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- 5 years of AS400 and SQL experience– RPG Free, RPG, RPGLE, CLP, Message Handling
- Ability to apply technical standards, principles, theories and techniques
- Ability to transition easily from one task to another.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong conceptual and analytic skills
Work Environment: this job operates in a normal professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines, and filing cabinets.
Physical Requirements: while performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; frequently stands, walks, uses hands to finger, handle or feel; and reaches with hands and arms.
Job Type: Full-time