- 4 years Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Desired
- Knowledge of C# and the .NET framework
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of .Net design patterns
- Knowledge of databases, schemas, indexes, and SQL
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server is a plus
- Good communication and written skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into an implementation plan at the task level
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Awareness of agile project management principles, practices, techniques and tools
- Ability to pass federal security clearance
General Purpose of Job
Develop software and systems that satisfy business requirements and priorities using appropriate technology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Is responsible for the creation and modification of various Web, Windows forms, and console applications and utilities using C#.
- Communicates with appropriate people on status of projects.
- Follows software design guidelines and principles.
- Participates in testing through unit tests and behavior explanations.
- Embraces Agile Methodology and can apply it in projects.
- Must seek new experiences when work load permits.
- Must stay familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Maintains awareness of current and emerging technology.
- Attends to security concerns when identified.
- Maintains awareness in meetings of agendas and attendees.
- Maintains awareness of audience when communicating and makes adjustments as appropriate.
- Maintains awareness of attitudes and perceptions and their effect on interactions. Makes adjustments as appropriate.
- Strives for ways to communicate technical needs and approaches to non-technical people.
- Can document software systems and environments in both technical and non-technical formats and communicate with both technical and non-technical users to describe and explain the systems and environments.
- Other duties deemed necessary