Responsible for working with end users and business analysts to ensure tight fit between Business Intelligence environment and business requirements. Work to create and deliver end-user training and documentation and provide second-line support to power users who develop reports on behalf of departmental needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Install, configure, deploy and tune Business Intelligence tools and analytic servers
- Troubleshoot Business Intelligence too problems and tune for performance.
- Develop multidimensional semantic layer and BI query objects for end users.
- Create report and report templates.
- Consults with business on low to moderately complex business needs.
- Evaluates complex requirements and creates detailed business requirements and technical specifications. Analyzes impact to other reports, data model and processes.
- Solves complex business and system issues.
- Develops and executes moderate complexity test plans.
- Assists in developing project tasks and creates individual task estimates.
- Communicates complex ideas, issues, and system processes to business, MIS and IT department staff using PowerPoint or other visual aid..
- Acts as primary responsible for small to moderate requests and delegates tasks to Associate BIAs and external contractors. Also provides some coaching to and oversight of Associate BIAs and external contractors.
- Leads up to medium-sized projects, creates project plans, assigns and monitor tasks..
- Assist business users in selecting appropriate BI tools.
- Develop and manage BI training, documentation, and help desk capabilities.
- Oversee SharePoint User’s Group and Cognos User’s Group
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline from a four-year college or university. Equivalent years’ experience is defined as one year of professional experience for each year of college requested.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing with business intelligence tools and technical experience required; including a minimum of 3 years’ advance knowledge of SQL (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, SSMS) required.
- Must have MDX query fundamentals and experience utilizing the Erwin data modeler.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Services (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), Excel and Project, Visio, PowerPoint and IBM iSeries
- Proactive thinking, analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify and resolve systems problems and work and deliver results in assigned timeframes
Work Environment: this job operates in a normal professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines, and filing cabinets.
Physical Requirements: while performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; frequently stands, walks, uses hands to finger, handle or feel; and reaches with hands and arms.